Thursday, March 26, 2009

Flooding continued

The stone monument marks the river level of previous floods. It looks like they will have to redo it. We got a blizzard yesterday. Now we just sit and wait...

4 comments:

Malea said...

That's crazy, Marcia! Is your house in a threatened area? I keep hearing about Fargo on the news, but isn't GF supposed to be worse because it's up stream?

marsh said...

Lay, thanks for noticing that just because Fargo is a little bigger or more well known than Grand Forks, doesn't mean that all the attention should be there. Although, they are less prepared and will be more devasted this time than up here, probably. But yes, all their water has to flow through here. It's really crazy. Their estimated crest is 42 feet, ours is 53. There are currently only three bridges open that cross the red river in the state. I hope our last one stays open. Anyway, obviously don't get me started on this issue. It has been on my mind a lot lately!

Amanda O. said...

Wow, marsh. Those pictures are frightening. I will pray harder for you.

da Mamma said...

Wow, that last set of pictures with the comparison is amazing and frightening. I am praying for you, too! Has there been any "relief" efforts by church or state or gov't, that you know of?