Life doesn't really go the way you plan. I went to college and got my degree. I found a wonderful man to commit to forever. I took a job and James and I decided to let fate decide when we got pregnant. A year went by. Two years went by. Three years went by. James graduated. I was promoted at work. Four years went by. I started to read more about what might be wrong. I went to my Primary Care doctor. I went to an OB Specialist. I went to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I turned 27. We were approaching 5 years of marriage.
Last Mother's Day, I was blessed to borrow my beloved nieces Liz and Madi. I cannot tell Karla what it meant to me to have a baby in my arms on that day. I still cried myself to sleep like every year, but I felt such love for those girls and I had renewed hope. These are my little women last year:
Then, an amazing blessing. My colleague and his wife got pregnant through the Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine office in Utah. He talked about it and mentioned I might like to call them. I'd been burned and didn't think much about it. He emailed me the number and I still ignored it. Several weeks later, I finally made the call. I was in their office within the week. Right away, I knew they were different. They looked at ME and MY situation. Not just the normal "take Clomid and call me in 3 months." As soon as they got a picture of my needs, they set up an aggressive treatment plan. Clomid, shots, bi-weekly ultrasounds to see how it was working, HCG, progesterone and perfect timing. 15 days later, I got my blood work back and I was PREGNANT! Anne Marie Martin and Cristin Slater are miracle workers. I truly believe God placed them on this earth to help families achieve procreation.
While my pregnancy has been rough, Sunday's Mother's Day was a day for me to pass on the usual wallowing in self-pity. I was able to stop thinking about my sad situation, and I thought about those mothers who made me who I am. I think I'm proving to myself that as I get closer to being a mother, I learn what being a mother is really about: putting yourself aside and thanking Heavenly Father for those that have blessed your life.
Thanks, Da Mamma Stephenson. You are a wonderful role model and I can't wait to give my baby the love and joy you shared with me! Thanks to all of those mother's that I know (I do mean YOU) who show me how to be patient, loving, giving, fun, attentive, educational, organized and to value the gift of new life. Finally, it's my turn!
4 comments:
That totally made me cry. Thank you Malea, for sharing your story. I love you and miss you very much!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us Malea. We are unbelievably happy for you and James to be welcoming a baby girl into your home and hearts this year. Your next journey has just begun. Hold on Tight!
Lovely Lay. So sweet- you should also post this on your blog. So sweet!
Ah Malea, my precious little girl. All grown up and becoming a mother. Thank you so much for sharing this precious story. I cherish it as I cherish you, my dear. What faith and perseverence you and James have shown. God is so good, and we are beyond happy for you! I can't wait for July!!! Keep keeping us in the loop, please. Thank you for your kind and touching words. We love you. Da Mamma
Post a Comment