Hope everyone had a great Easter. We certainly did. The Easter Bunny was slacking this year so he had to get creative when he went to the store late Saturday night. This year Liz got an Easter Watering Can, complete with seeds for carrots, pumpkins, and mixed flowers, and the obligatory (yes, it is!) candy. No Peeps® in this house, though.
The Easter Watering Can also held two soft animals. Liz gave Madi the lamb, and kept the bunny, whom she named "Jumpy." (Sometimes it's "Bouncy." If you ask her why, "it's like how sometimes I'm Lizzie and sometimes I'm Elizabeth.")
Liz was also excited about the "chocolate squirrel" in the Easter Watering Can. (Don't try to tell her it's a bunny. You have been warned.)
Our bathtub is quite awkward for bathing little girls. It's actually recessed below floor level, and there are glass doors restricting access to slightly-less-than-one-half-bath-width, with the option of either right next to the toilet or in line with the steep slope at the back of the tub. Basically if we want to give Madi a bath (since she slips under the water so easily) one of us has to be in the bathtub with her. So we sometimes bathe her in the kitchen sink.

Anyway, Madi loves the 'sticks she sometimes finds in the dish draining rack, so they've become her new favorite bath toy. Charge!

She does the funniest faces sometimes. She's so expressive!

She just recently stopped rejecting the fork. We're very proud. :)

All of the grandkids had an Easter Egg Hunt (the plastic kind with candy inside) at my mother's house on Saturday. Unfortunately I forgot the camera and Karla was working so she wasn't there to help me remember. I'll have to get pics from my mom's camera of that.
On Sunday after Church Emma, Noah, and Adam invited Liz to do a "real" Easter Egg Hunt, and this time I brought the camera.

She was really fast, so most of my pictures look like this:

Madi spent the time as she usually does, just looking pretty:
She's walking now, with the help of fun toys like this, or someone to hold her hands. She has the balance and coordination to do it herself, but she doesn't actually trust herself yet. Several times she's surprised herself by realizing that she's standing unassisted. She gets so happy and bashful, dipping her head in a funny kind of happy embarrassment, that she loses her balance.

Finally a few videos:


4 comments:
Your tub IS horrible for bathing kids. Good think Madi is teeeeny!
I was very much enjoyed her Jumpy and Bouncy explanation.
Sorry I can't write a single sentence without typos and non-sensical jiberish.
Great post, Jon Miller! I love your girls! All 3 of them! What a great idea, seeds and watering can. Cousin Leah Muldowney on her blog talks about how planting the seed is symbolic of Jesus dying, then resurrecting again, when the seed grows into a living plant! Great opportunity to teach Liz about the resurrection! Good luck with the seeds!
I LOVE the pictures of Madi and videos of the girls. I am thrilled to hear Madi is walking! That means she is strong and nourished! Yay! Go Madi! Can't wait to see her walking in person!
Post a Comment